Now showing 1 - 5 of 6
- ItemUnderstanding and Applying Basic Public Policy ConceptsMackay, Melissa; Shaxton, LouiseThis brief paper provides a general guide to the breadth of what we call ‘policy’. Policy is often associated simply with legislation and regulation, but in reality it encompasses a wide variety of activities.
- ItemLocal Public Health(2013-03-06) Mowat, DavidThe goal of bridging the gap between science and policy is to help decision-makers make better decisions. This presentation offered advice to front-line practitioners at the local level about how to use research to inform policy and practice.
- ItemScience to policy at a provincial level: lessons from Preston Manning, Dragon's Den and environmental movements(2013-03-06) Lees, WayneDifferences in the nature and structure of science and policy can lead to miscommunication between scientists and decision-makers. This presentation offers practical advice to scientists to bridge this gap with lessons learned from Preston Manning, the television show Dragon’s Den, environmental movements, and from the presenter's own involvement in the development of an emergency response network in Manitoba.
- ItemBridging the Gap between Science and Policy in Agri-Food Public Health: Workshop Report(2013) Dysart, Laura; Young, Ian; Andrijana, Rajic; McEwen, ScottThe “Bridging the Gap between Science and Policy in Agri-Food Public Health” workshop and training event was held on March 6th and 7th, 2013, in Guelph, ON. The purpose of the workshop was to bring together diverse agri-food public health professionals working at the science and policy interface in Canada to increase awareness and capacity for evidence-informed policy-making in this sector.
- ItemBridging the Gap between Science and Policy: Federal Perspective(2013-03-06) Silva, PrimalA federal perspective on bridging the gap between science and policy.